Elder Sanders

Elder Sanders

Monday, April 30, 2012

Hello one and all! And ¡Alli Chishi!  (good afternoon)

I am still here in Otavalo, absorbing all that it has to offer.  Everyone here speaks Quichua, there are members everywhere (this place is nicknamed Utah-valo) and my companion is the bomb!  Also, the church meetings are great.  Why?  Everyone comes to church in their traditional attire (I`ll need to hunt down some photos) and all the talks are also in Quichua.  Yes, I do feel lost, but at the same time I feel way excited!  There are going to be great times ahead!  I can feel it...   but, not quite at the moment.  I guess contacting here is extremely tough and we`ve just been visiting members, all for the purpose of finding new investigators.  So, our main problem right now is that we have no investigators.  EGADS!   But, all hope is not lost, for tonight we are receiving a new reference.  It`s a family that wants to hear about the gospel!  Yes!  So we shall go after writing letters, and hope that it shall go well!

So, it sounds as if things in Utah (and Argentina) are going great!   You need to send me some pictures of the new carpet, and also of the weddings to come!  So many things are going on over there, and I`m (sort of) missing out on it all!  Especially the temple, whew,  I wish that there was one available down here.  Perhaps in the future we`ll see the temple of Otavalo, but, we`ll keep our hopes up.  I also hope that Grandma and Grandpa are doing well, and that the rest of our family are also having a great time.  

And, by the way, my companion is from a city called Melbourne, so we`ll see if our cousins know it.

We`re also doing well, working hard, and keeping the rules.  We had an activity with our zone today, and it was swell!  ¡Fùtbol!  So, I shall also be sure to write when the packages come, because for all the zones out side of Quito, there is a zone package that comes about every couple weeks or so, which usually has letters, pamphlets, book of Mormons, and packages.  The one for this week came and there was nothing for me, so in 2 or so weeks I`ll tell you guys if any of your packages are inside.

Well, I believe that is all for now,

-Elder Sanders

PHOTOS:




There are a few here from my old sector in Pelileo (because I didn`t have time to send them last week), but there`s also one of our clean house (it has couches!), one of the view from our window of Otavalo, !

No comments:

Post a Comment